The IDEAS4GE project seeks to advance gender equality and accelerate women’s recovery from the impacts of COVID-19 through targeted systemic change to the Canadian workplace, market place and community.
The project will spark a gender+ innovation challenge to promote an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace culture in Canada. BPW Canada will achieve this through collaborative partnerships across Canadian businesses, community organizations and government stakeholders, using a re-imagined BPW Canada-CCEW IDEAS4GE collaborative online community platform and community engagement events across Canada.
Specifically, this project will explore strategies and solutions to address structural and systemic barriers associated with topics such as women’s time famine and burden of care, access to affordable quality childcare, flexible work arrangements, and the leadership and wage gaps, to list a few.
About the Role
As the IDEAS for Gender Equality and Admin/Tech Support you will work with a national women-led feminist network to support the Project Coordinator in their work to implement a two-year project designed to advance gender equality and recovery in Canada through systemic change. The IDEAS Project Admin/Tech Support will provide administrative and technical website, social media, promotion and communication support to assist the Project Coordinator, Project Leads, Steering Committee and Sub-committees to implement the IDEAS Project activities and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain the multi-stakeholder outreach contact database, and CRM mailing communication platform and support the coordinator in developing and issuing regular communications, newsletters, and emails.
- Set up regular project subcommittee team meetings in zoom and on the IDEAS project team collaborative workspace. Update and post events, activities and resources to the CCEW-IDEAS website, and social media accounts, and maintain and monitor the IDEAS project publicly facing collaborative workspace on the CCEW website.
- Work with the CCEW webmaster/administrators to update, revise and maintain a refreshed CCEW website. Support the coordinator and event planning teams through community-building event planning and preparation i.e. set up event registration pages; manage registration, promotion, communication and event package preparation, help develop event pre/post evaluations and surveys.
- Support coordinator in collecting and consolidating established project metric data to help monitor progress toward project goals and outcomes and update scorecard, prepare internal monthly, quarterly and annual reports to funding and sponsoring organizations.
- Employ strong written communication and promotion design and development skills with adept tech-savvy approaches to assist the project coordinator in administering the IDEAS for Gender Equality Project;
- Support Coordinator as required to prepare, coordinate and facilitate project sub-committee team meetings in the collaborative project management digital workspace;
- Support the preparation of reports and supporting documents to meet funding and sponsoring organizations reporting requirements;
- Support the collection of diversity and inclusion (D&I) baseline data and establish metrics and milestone data collection points for ongoing monitoring data collection, analysis and graphic presentations to reflect project-related metrics and activities;
- Work with the project coordinator and project sub-committee teams to understand the technical requirements for the multi-stakeholder database in order to meet the unique and varying needs of each subcommittee to successfully deliver their associated project outcomes;
- Develop a frontend user-friendly data entry and updating protocol for BPW and General Public multi-stakeholders;
- Support coordinator in establishing supporting instructional training tools and operational practices as required to help incorporate project-related generated tools and resources into sustainable operations;
- Research and expand existing networks and collect current contact data to assist the project coordinator and stakeholders;
- Create an IDEAS reporting dashboard to support the project coordinator and sub-committees in monitoring and evaluating progress toward project D&I metrics using the IDEAS multi-stakeholder database, and statistical data associated with event registrations, participation, new and strengthened multi-stakeholder partnerships and tangible systemic and sustainable solutions;
- Work with the CCEW web administrator, project liaison and project coordinator to support the transformation of the CCEW.ca website into a virtual IDEAS community and collaborative solution-building workspace;
- Support the Coordinator in implementing 3-5 project IDEAS for Gender Equality and Recovery Community Building Events;
About the Contract
- 21 Months Commitment: June 2022 to March 31, 2024
- Annual Remuneration: $20,000 - Approximately 15 hours per week/60 total hours paid monthly. (Applicable taxes not included)
- Home Office: You will work from your home/business office within Canada, (reliable high-speed required-use office equipment desktop/laptop, printer and cell phone to manage the project and conduct daily business)
Location: Eastern/Kingston, Ontario, Canada – Admin/Tech support home office base preference for relative close proximity to the Project Coordinator operating out of Kingston, Ontario. Must ensure consistent high-speed internet to manage daily core project operations through virtual/tech interface
- Support: You will be provided access to a range of supportive tech platforms, tools and resources to complete your work. You will manage large print jobs (i.e. community event participant packages) and will be coordinated with the project coordinator and a third-party print vendor i.e. Staples.
- Reporting Requirements: You will provide monthly updates on progress to assigned tasks and work with the project coordinator to prepare required formal reports with metrics to sponsoring and funding organizations as per the contractual agreement.
You are a highly motivated, self-directed tech-savvy administrator. Your proven track record to deliver on tasks within tight and often changing timelines, and your highly developed organization skills make multi-tasking in a fast-paced initiative a breeze. You are adept at managing a professional website (Joomla) and webmail service. Your experience with managing multiple social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn) and using analytics to monitor and evaluate effectiveness will draw on your excellent communication and proven marketing and promotion talent. Microsoft Office Suite proficiency will support your database development and management, data collection and metric dashboard, scorecard and formal report writing. You are excited by the intent and possibilities of this project and are keen to contribute to its success.
- College Degree or approved equivalent combination of education and experience in digital communication, virtual learning, promotion, web management, social media and online community engagement.
- Tech Savvy - Web/Social Media/Digital Facilitation/Social Learning/Collaborative Workspace and Database platforms.
- Excited by the opportunity to help build the technical capacity of stakeholders across a wide range of technical competencies.
- Multi-Tasking, organization and time management
- Communication (written/oral) & Interpersonal
- Independent, self-directed contractor
Are you in? - Apply Now
DEADLINE: June 8, 2022 @ 11:59 PM EDT
Enter the following In your emailSubject line: ATTENTION - IDEAS Admin/Tech Support
Only those being granted an interview will be contacted.
Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to complete a related assignment. Applicants selected for an interview will be provided further details on this assignment when interviews are scheduled.
The sponsoring organizations (BPW Canada and the Canadian Coalition to Empower Women) are proud to embark on this journey to advance gender equality and recovery. We welcome applicants who demonstrate a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, with women and members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged given priority consideration.